Spectacular Adventure to the Wild Shores of Nootka Island...
The Nootka Island Trail
"My wife and I hired Mike to guide us along the rugged and beautiful Nootka Trail for the six-day, 35-km trek. Mike's enthusiasm was evident the minute we met him at the float plane, and that enthusiasm never waned and was matched by his knowledge, commitment and culinary skills. We had top sirloin steak, potatoes and salad (with dressing!) the first night. Despite the ruggedness of the trail, we always felt safe and confident, yet still challenged, allowing us to enjoy the trip and the many sites and features Mike pointed out. The pace he set was perfect for all four members of our group. His commitment to detail was evident, and he presented a perfect balance of guiding while allowing us to enjoy our own personal experiences. As a result, the trip was very memorable and we would certainly recommend Mike to anybody considering his services."
Toby and Mary, Nanaimo
The Nootka Island Trail
Join us on a spectacular coastal backpacking adventure to the wild shores of Nootka Island! Our Association of Canadian Mountain Guides accredited trip leaders have intimate knowledge of Nootka Island's wild and remote western coastlines. They will tell you everything about the local flora and fauna, delivering natural interpretations of the areas ecology, geography and history in very fun and entertaining ways, safely leading you on unforgettable journeys through Canada's most pristine coastal wilderness environments.
• 6 Day Professionally Guided Backpacking Tour of Nootka Island
• Association of Canadian Mountain Guides Accredited Leaders
• Charter Float Plane Flight from Gold River to Starfish Lagoon
• Boat Trip from Friendly Cove back to Gold River
• Healthy Snacks and Gourmet Meals
• All Safety Gear Provided
Services Included in Price
• Pre-Trip Logistics and Planning
• Shuttle Transfers between Comox Valley and Gold River
• Air Nootka Charter Flight - Gold River to Starfish Lagoon
• M.V. Uchuck III Ferry - Friendly Cove to Gold River
• Park Permits and Liability Insurance
• Mowachaht/Muchalaht First Nations Trail Fees
• Professional Technical and Interpretive Guiding
• Backcountry Gourmet Catering
• Coastal Navigation, Tidal and Weather Information
• Safety and Communications Equipment
• Emergency Preparedness Plan
• Post-Trip Debrief and Follow-Up
In addition, all guided trips include instruction in Hiking and Backpacking Essentials.
• Gear Selection
• Food Planning and Nourishment
• Hydration and Water Purification
• Foot Care and Basic Wilderness First Aid
• Leave No Trace Principles
• Wildlife Precautions
• Wilderness Navigation
• Wilderness Risk Management
Instruction is based on interests and previous experience, and is in addition to technical and interpretive guiding.
Not Included in Price
• Accommodations in Comox Valley (arranged at preferred rates)
• Trip Cancellation, Adventure Travel or Medical Insurance